We needed a little whimsy and a lot of light to brighten up our dreary January, and bahdeebahdu seemed the perfect fix. Birchtree Catering invited the public to experience our seasonal menus and live music at this colorful and creative space January 14th. Bahdeebahdu in Olde Kensington is a working studio and gallery for design and the development of art, sculpture, furnishings and one-off products. Their philosophy of the marriage of Art & Design allows them to create memorable environments with soul and integrity. Photos by Peach Plum Pear Photography, and dessert collaboration with Weckerly’s Ice Cream.
The gallery’s bright colors, surprising shapes and vibrant energy were the perfect inspiration for a modern menu design. Scallop crudo with smoked pickled beets, beautifully layered vegetable terrines and black cod with blood orange agrodolce framed the menu, with color and flavor filling this fun meal.
At the Bar
- Winter Hot Toddy with house pekoe tea: black tea, dried orange peel, cloves
- Crispy Noodle Nests, with pork meatball
- Curried Cauliflower bites with harissa creme
- Scallop Crudo, smoked pickled beets, pea shoots
- Vegetable Terrines
- Inside Out Soup, rich chicken broth and winter herbs
- Turkey meatloaf
- Fish Agrodolce, blood orange agrodolce with pearl onions, fingerlings
- Rapini with pickled red onion
- From Weckerly’s, toasted cardamom ice cream with honey caramel, almond streusel and lemon curd