On April 8th we took over Power Plant Productions, a stunning rental photography studio in Old City. Formerly known as the Wilbur Chocolate Factory, Power Plant Productions is in the heart of Philadelphia’s arts district. We were thrilled to celebrate another amazing night of seasonal menus and live music.
Since this beautiful space is filled by stark white walls and beautiful wooden floors, we took it as a cue to get silly with color, in our food, our decor and all of our styling. As the menu developed we started to take inspiration from the cherry blossoms just starting to peak out, and fun pops of asian flavors started to dictate our menu development. Beef rolls with local enoki mushrooms and sorrel ponzu became the foundation of the menu, our pork belly and scallop ‘bento box’ was beautiful and fun to plate, and the strawberry-rhubarb-panna cotta sashimi got us inspired for the rest of our playful April menu.
At the Bar
- Cherry Blossom Special, cherry syrup, cucumbers, sparkling water, rhubarb stirring stick
- Tempura ‘Yakitori’ Sticks
- Tartare Station- lamb tartare, salmon tartare, beet tartare- with our herb salts and oils, and three toppings to choose from: pistachio pesto, sweet pea and basil paste
- Soup Shots: spicy rhubarb soup, green melon pea and scape bisque, creamy new potato
- Shaved Asparagus Nest, quail eggs, rhubarb/scape ranch
- Stinging Nettle Soup cream, herb oils with beef asparagus, enoki mushrooms “sushi”
- Flat Risotto Cake, baby mesclun salad, and Braised Pork Belly, meyer lemon Scallop
- Strawberry Rhubarb Panna Cotta Sashimi
- Favors: Popcorn Trio