Our October supper club was held at Awbury Arboretum Cope House. Through educational programs and events focusing on their historic house and landscape Awbury strives to connect the surrounding urban community with nature and history.
Awbury’s natural setting allowed us bask in our favorite month of October, and balance the rustic flavors that fall evokes with the comfortably English air that gives the house so much character. Canapes with October’s french breakfast radishes, a farmer’s board with local cheeses and fall fruit chutneys, and scotch quail eggs started the menu writing process, with creamy sunchoke soup and seared lambchops with smoked plums continuing the theme.
Photos by Deborah Huber Photography
At the Bar
- Lavender Thyme Concoction
- Mini Beef Wellingtons
- Cucumber and Radish Tea Sandwiches, tarragon creme fraiche and herb butter
- Roasted Caramelized figs with stilton, brioche breadcrumb and rosemary
Farmer’s Board Appetizer Station
- Cheddar, Pate Meatball, Apple and Plum Chutney, Dark and Light Soda Breads
- First Course: Scotch Quail Egg with seared chicken pate, over mushy peas
- Second Course: Creamy sunchoke soup with chestnuts, herb oil, flaky biscuit
- Seared Lollipop Lambchops with smoked plum “madiera” sauce with mini yorkshires, parsnip mash, herb salad
- Leek and Fingerling Tart, with golden beets with stout cheese sauce, parsnip frites with malt vinegar dressing, herb salad
- Honey Budino with pistachio cookie