We love these photos by Paul Gargagliano of Hazel Photo from our fabulous September supper club at Greensgrow Farms; an urban farm with a mission to revitalize livable communities through the practice of sustainable entrepreneurial urban agriculture.
Our menu ideas for Greensgrow flew together immediately after picking the venue – a colorful urban farm experiencing the height of September’s harvest gave us a strong foundation. We knew that a tomato board with fresh, stuffed, confited and roasted tomatoes would start the evening out. Then Greensgrow’s stellar greens would be the basis for our family style build-your-own salad with ground cherry vinaigrette, concord grape ranch and more. Hickory smoked chicken with potato-beet latkes would be the hightlight of the menu, with more farm-to-table dishes rounding out to a beautiful meal. With Milkshake the Greensgrow pig keeping us company of course.
At the Bar
- Herbed Lemonade
- Tomatoes stuffed with ricotta, basil, and herb oil, with flatbreads
- Peach Braised Shortribs, with peach jam, thyme lavender shortbreads
- Mushroom Beggars Purse, with chili oil and herbs
- Shaved Carrots and Watermelon Radishes with choice of dressings: Creamy Concord Grape, Ground Cherry vinaigrette, Orange Shallot
Family Style Course
- Hickory Smoked Chicken Thighs over corn fritters
- Grilled Swordfish with lemon ginger over squash puree/polenta
- Grilled Green Squash bricks with red onion and herbs
- Plum and Pear Tart
- Apple Galette