We invited the public to try our locally-sourced menus and enjoy live music at Maas Building in Fishtown. Maas Building is a labor of love for it’s owners, Ben and Catherine, who, in 2008 transformed the ailing industrial building into a beautiful arts space, cultural entity and event hall.
For our very first supper club, we looked at all the pieces that were in place: vibrant August produce, the combination of concrete and wild greenery of the Maas Building garden, and our wonderful guitar player. With these, we built a menu centered around southern Spanish cuisine. We wanted to highlight the waning days of summer and the height of Lancaster produce with sardines and frites, pillowy giant pasta pockets, tangy marinated vegetables and Lancaster lamb shank with piperade.
- Sardines and Frites
- Olives stuffed with blue cheese, wrapped in roasted pepper
On the Table
- Marinated Green Meadow Vegetables with Grissini
- House Ricotta Pillow with roasted garlic, infused oils
Family Style Dinner
- Paiche Brandade
- Braised Lancaster Lamb Shank
Chef’s Dessert: Duet of Hand Pies
- Summer Peach
- Blueberry Fig with House Ricotta